Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lovable Olive

My dog Olive is the most difficult living being to photograph. I tried every distraction in the book to get her to sit still for just a second, but I ended up having to have my boyfriend hold her to pose. The work of William Wegman is really fantastic when it comes to dogs. I'd really like to learn some of his tips and tricks for getting dogs to be cooperative models. Very few photographers use dogs as subjects and I can see why.
I used my on-camera flash with a lightscoop to get this lighting. The lightscoop is a really nifty tool that diffuses your on camera flash by bouncing it against a reflective service and up on to the ceiling or onto a wall. It's very handy for parties and indoor photos where the light might need a little help.

No comments:

Post a Comment